This is your reminder, agenda, and purpose of the LRT Roundtable Academy zoom discussion this Tuesday, May 26th at 7 PM. Please remember that one-to-one contact from our work is most important and urge that you invite LRT members and potential members for this first of many more “discussions” in the near future. This first “discussion,” as part of our ongoing efforts to develop a strategic plan, will include short summaries on how we see the adjustments to our work under the conditions that we are facing in this time of the coronavirus crisis and plans for future discussion sessions. The discussion on May 26th will include presentations (5-7 minutes) by: Madeline Rios and Angela Sanbrano on immigrant rights; Fabian Pavon and Jose Calderon on Ethnic Studies and College for All; and John Nolte on the New Economy. After the presentations, we will have an open discussion on the issues raised and future dates when we will deepen the issues in each area (with the outlook of gaining clarity on LRT positions and develop “working position papers” regarding these issues).
- Introduction – (Angela Sanbrano on purpose of Roundtable Academy discussions) – 5 minutes
- Immigrant Rights – Angela Sanbrano and Madeline Rios – (5 – 7 minutes)
- Education – Fabian Pavon and Jose Calderon (5-7 minutes)
- New Economy – John Nolte (5-7minutes)
- Open discussion
- The schedule for future discussion meetings: Tuesday, June 30th (devoted to immigrant rights: DACA and importance of relief programs in this time of crisis); Tuesday July 28th, on Education (devoted to Ethnic Studies, College for All legislation priorities, and the issue of opening up public schools and colleges); Tuesday, August 25th on the new Economy (economic recovery proposals, opportunities for changing the status quo, and models for local implementation).
Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Founded in 2011, Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Zoom is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, CA.
Jose Calderon is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Topic: Latino and Latina Roundtable Academy Discussion Forum Time: May 26, 2020 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada) Join Zoom Meeting https://pitzer.zoom.us/j/95977434289 Meeting ID: 959 7743 4289 One tap mobile +16699006833,,95977434289# US (San Jose) +13462487799,,95977434289# US (Houston) Dial by your location +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma) +1 929 205 6099 US (New York) +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) Meeting ID: 959 7743 4289 Find your local number: https://pitzer.zoom.us/u/aPGWIuRB
Jose Zapata Calderon President of the Latino and Latina Roundtable Emeritus Professor of Sociology and Chicano/a and Latino/a Studies 1050 North Mills Avenue Claremont, CA 91711-6101 (909) 952-1640 Jose_Calderon@pitzer.edu Website: www.josezcalderon.com